— > PETITIONS, ARTICLES AND LINKS START PART WAY DOWN THE PAGE IF THAT’S WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR.
+++ (Updated 6:55pm est 7.11.2017 and will be updated from time to time)
Adding a few things that need clarifying due to people (including Trump) who have stated false information (lies) regarding the agreement (which you can find in full at
as a pdf to download and read).
A) When you read it you will note that the agreement is NON BINDING, meaning there is nothing forcing the US or any other country to do anything.
B) COUNTRIES (including the US) SET THEIR OWN GOALS and again… it is non binding.
C) The AMOUNT PLEDGED to help developing countries is NOT 10’S OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS, it was set at $3 billion from the US and that’s not even $10 per person in the US and is WAY less than many other countries pledged.
and some of the things that should be obvious to people but apparently isn’t to as many as it should be…
D) JOBS will be created, LIVES will be saved, SUFFERING will be reduced from avoiding the diseases we see from fossil fuel use, etc and MONEY will be saved from avoiding those diseases. Our economy will be stronger and we will be approaching TRUE energy independence.
There’s so much to benefit and no downside but I’ll leave it at those 4 things for now.
World leaders, the UN, the US Council of Mayors, business, banking and climate people criticize Trump’s not signing the Paris Agreement.
195 countries folks, 195 have signed.
The USA, Syria and Nicaragua are the only ones not to sign the agreement.
Syria is in a war, so it’s obvious they aren’t focused on anything else and Nicaragua wanted the agreement to be stronger and without all the watering down the US did, so the US is the sole country opposing the agreement.
The US is 5% of the world’s population and yet pollutes and uses up natural resources at a rate way beyond what our population should when compared to the world.
When I say my own country is a disgrace it should be beyond obvious it’s not a partisan statement. My country has been a greedy elitist war monger state that was moving systematically and consistently towards an oligarchy/police state/totalitarian/fascist state under both Republican AND Democrats but now the clear unmistakable message sent from the US government and it’s corporate and banking puppet-masters to all 7,400,000,000 (7.4 Billion people) and all other forms of life on this planet is that nothing but money and power is important and the strange thing connected to that statement to the world is that we can actually make money and add jobs with the shift to cleaner ways, so the stubbornness and claims the withdrawal was to serve us is off base and wrong even when just looking at it economically..
If you support Trump and the way our Congress and Senate works, CUT IT OUT.
Virtually all of them are emotionally, mentally and spiritually bankrupt and they are dangerous monsters. Like drug addicts stealing and selling off a family’s property and savings.
Our world is at stake and the US “leader” along with the open consent or consent disguised by pretend opposition is a machine with the throttle wired wide open and is out to destroy us all and destroy any chance at ANYONE OR ANYTHING having a future.
Get vocal people, damnit get vocal and drop your support for either of those 2 parties, we need a drastic shift to only Green Party and any other non-corporate party/candidates out there. Run for office. Scream your head off. Just make it clear they are wrong and we will NOT be silent. We’ll stay non-violent but will not stay silent and we will NOT support them in any way, shape or form any more.
This world got here under D and R parties. We lost our rights under D and R parties. We saw the divide between the haves and have nots grow under both parties.
195 countries but not the US.
You want a planet for your kids?
Here’s a petition to sign (it is by MoveOn which has nothing to do with this site, I am just sharing it for us to sign)…
+ Interfaith Power and Light PETITION.
+ Ocean Conservancy PETITION.
Tell your Governor to uphold the standards of the Paris Agreement.
+ Care2 PETITION.
U.S. Governors: Join the Climate Alliance – Resist Trump’s Efforts to Destroy our Planet and Economy
And please read these:
1) Next Three Years Will Decide Fate of Our Planet’s Climate, Experts Warn
2) European leaders: climate change deal can’t be renegotiated
3) Scientists, officials and environmental campaigners in Europe said Tuesday that the United States would be damaging its own interests if it rolls back the previous administration’s efforts to curb climate change.
4) Some good info on solar, wind, geothermal, risks of fossil fuels and SOME (only some) of what you can do can be found at
5) World leaders on the fact they are sticking with the agreement and how the world is dismayed at the US pulling out AND how it won’t help the US ignoring the problems we face PLUS the new markets the US will miss out on.
6) Mayor De Blasio: NYC Will Defy Trump, Stick to Climate Agreement
7) Mayor Bill Peduto announces that Pittsburgh will hold to Paris Climate Accord standards with or without U.S.A.’s participation.
and a video found on EcoWatch.com regarding Pittsburg
8) Trump’s rejection of Paris climate deal is ‘insane’ and ‘deviant behavior,’ California’s Gov. Jerry Brown says
9) One could call money handed to politicians “donations” and sometimes that is what it is, but when it’s given in very large amounts and that obviously sways their actions in a way favorable to the one ‘donating” the more accurate word is BRIBES.
10) U.S. Withdrawal from Paris Agreement: A Preventable Blunder
11) Trump Has No Idea What He Just Did or the Backlash That Awaits
If he’s capable of regret, he’ll regret leaving the Paris deal.
12) 3 Major Costs of Withdrawing From the Paris Climate Agreement
More will be added as I can,
new additions may be mixed in with older posts.
13) Dr Jill Stein covers a number of issues, but some are directly related to how we benefit in more ways that you may know by supporting the shift to clean green energy.
14) Not a fan of Arnold, but on this… I agree and the truth is we have to stand up on our own, we can’t count on the president or Congress any more. That’s been true for years but should be apparent to all by now.
15) Disney CEO Bob Iger Resigns From Trump’s Advisory Council Over Paris Accord Decision
16) Trump Paris fallout: Elon Musk steps down from WH councils
17) Leaders pledge to boost climate efforts after Trump decision
PARIS (AP) — A Malian cattle herder, German environmental activists, leaders from Mexico to China — they’re among millions on Friday denouncing President Donald Trump’s decision to pull the United States out of the Paris climate accord. Many nations pledged to ramp up their efforts to curb global warming instead.
18) France is welcoming scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs and responsible citizens to France. I believe it is very important we take time and think about the impossibility of “making America great” if our government won’t even support research and advancements.
France on the other hand is very aware that it’s beneficial and is welcoming in those that can lead the way (and create jobs)
19) 187 Mayors commit to adopt, honor and uphold Paris Climate Agreement goals
STATEMENT FROM THE CLIMATE MAYORS IN RESPONSE TO PRESIDENT TRUMP’S WITHDRAWAL FROM THE PARIS CLIMATE AGREEMENT
20) Inslee, New York Governor Cuomo, and California Governor Brown announce formation of United States Climate Alliance
21) Native Nations Standing together for the Paris Climate Change Agreement
22) Hawaii becomes first state to enact law that aligns with Paris agreement
and another article on Hawaii:
Defying Trump, Hawaii Becomes First State to Pass Law Committing to Paris Climate Accord
23) EPA chief mum on Trump’s beliefs on climate
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump’s announcement that he’s pulling the U.S. out of the Paris climate accord. EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt is dodging the question of whether the president believes climate change is real and a threat to the U.S.
24) Good article here including some potential positive benefits of Trump exiting from the Paris Agreement.
We need to be informed and vocal folks.
WILL TRUMP’S SLOW-MO WALKAWAY, WORLD IN FLAMES BEHIND HIM, FINALLY PROVOKE CONSEQUENCES FOR PLANETARY ARSON?
25) Trump May Doubt Climate Change, Pentagon Sees It as Threat Multiplier
26) Push for change to sustainable solar, wind and geothermal, but NOT biomass. Solar, wind and geothermal is what we need.
As he says in the video below, be involved with community groups and organizations plus contact your representatives and demand support of clean energy.
Contact your reps through here:
27) Want to Really Boost the Economy? Stay in the Paris Agreement
28) John Oliver adds some humor in with easily verifiable FACTS but just note, his language could offend some, so if you’re real sensitive then skip this video below.
29) Pyongyang (North Korea) says Washington’s move represented “the height of egoism and moral vacuum seeking only their own well-being, even at the cost of the entire planet.”
Please get informed and vocal folks.
+++ Do not overlook the fact that the people of the US and the world are the ones with the power to steer us in the right direction. It doesn’t matter what Trump or any corporations or banks want, if solar, wind and geothermal industries and alternatives to plastic (and wood and leather) see as much investment and research and support as possible we will go in that direction.
Markets protect themselves. The more money in those things the more push back against unnecessary regulations, fees, etc.
For info on wind, solar, geothermal and alternatives to plastic and some of what you can do please go to this post here:
For info on some (just some) of the dangers of fossil fuels, their extraction, transportation and use please go to: